Plumbing News Articles
Rejuvenating Your Bathroom is Easy, But Don't Forget The Essentials
The look and feel of a room goes a long way to making it feel like home so it is quite easy to see why people take such pride in the look and feel of their property. As one of the most used rooms in any home, the bathroom is a prime target for decoration and design.
The good news for any wannabe decorators is that it is quite easy to make your bathroom look stylish with minimum fuss and a fairly modest budget. In many cases you just need to roll up your sleeves and use some elbow grease.
Giving your bathroom a lick of paint or smartening up the bathroom tiles can transform a bathroom - in some cases you would think a new suite has been put in.
However, there is no point having a beautiful bathroom if it does not function properly or as you want it to.
There is a massive range of cheap bathroom taps available and with a variety of styles you just need to make sure it will a) fit the space available in your bathroom for the tap and b) the tap is suitable for the water pressure in your property. If in doubt consult a qualified plumber.
There are so many styles of taps available that you won't struggle to find one that meets your personal tastes.
The same principal applies for your bathroom shower. With so many types of cheap showers available, it may seem a bit overwhelming at first. However your requirements are likely to again be dictated by the space in your bathroom and finding a shower that works with your properties water pressure. After that you just need to pick what type of shower functionality you want. There are a few different types of showers to choose from, it just depends how you want to use it:
- Electric Showers - Probably the most common shower nowadays. Electric showers heat the water at the mains and come in various shapes and sizes.
- Power showers - High performance, powerful jets of water powered by a water pump.
- Mixer showers - Mix hot and cold water using 2 different taps until you reach your desired temperature.
- Thermostatic mixer shower - Easy to use dials set a constant water temperature. You then simply turn on and off as you need.
- Shower towers - the ultimate in extravagance. Multiple shower jets are able to provide a luxurious full body clean.
Once you have decided on the style and function of your bathroom it is always worth consulting a qualified plumber rather than embarking on some DIY plumbing yourself. In the long run it will save you a lot of money if you get the job done right the1st time around.